My name is Will Moore and I’m an Internet Marketer. When I started marketing online I failed miserably.
My Capture page and valued offers stinked. I had an awesome product but I failed to convince my market. Meanwhile my competition (with similar products) grew their bank accounts by leaps and bounds.
If you want to know why your website Capture Page isn’t converting keep reading.
As you may or may not know your layout design can be the best looking and your product or service can be in high demand but if your content (sometimes called adcopy) isn’t up to par then your market will go elsewhere.
The short of it is that you need to focus on your content to be a successful online Entrepreneur. Remember, you have up to 3 seconds keep the attention of a visitor to your website.
6 Steps To Lead Capture Page Success
Lets walk through the psychology of prospects. On your professional looking Capture Page you want to write like your having a conversation with the reader, you do not want them to feel like they are reading from an encyclopedia:
- Introduce yourself. Talk about how you got into the business your marketing and what makes you authority in the field (how long have you been in the field). This give the reader a human connection with someone they can’t see. You can split test using capture pages with and without a picture. you can also test the types of pictures (professional or laid back).
- Transition into the emotion behind why you had to come up with said product or service or (why your marketing it). People will buy or signup to something based on emotion. Emotion can cover a wide range of feelings such as:
Example: “After working a dead end job for 21 years I was laid off. With a dwindling savings account, 3 kids and 1 on the way I had no other sources of income. I had no choice but to…” Many people can relate to that story and since people love a story your will have them hooked there by overcoming the “3 second rule“. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO BE HONEST; DON’T MAKE UP A STORY. There are plenty of people that start an on-line business for the same reasons as you, so don’t think you have to have a tear jerker to get results.
- Logic: After you get the reader emotionally charged up you must bring them back down to the reality of why signing up or purchasing your product is the right decision to make. If you fail this step you won’t receive any purchases or signups. You have to explain the logic behind why your product out performs your competition.
- Bullet points
- Facts & figures
When your justifying why your product is the best it is better to use analogies rather than simply stating the fact.
Example: Instead of Gieco saying their product is “simple and easy to follow”; they say its “so easy a Cave Man could do it!”
- Make it worth their while… Being an Online Entrepreneur you have an advantage over most big businesses. You can give more free bonuses to entice your market. Now lets be clear, your free bonus has to be something worthwhile. If word gets out that your giving away junk your purchases and signups will drop off before they start. MAKE SURE YOUR GIVEAWAY IS A QUALITY PRODUCT RELEVANT TO YOUR MARKET.
- You have to stress urgency.
- Limited offer.
- 2 copies left.
- f*ree trial period ends…
- The price goes up to ___ after…
- DELIVER ON YOUR PROMISES FROM #3. Your in business for longevity, There is no better Marketing than “word of mouth”. If you make promises and deliver it will get around that your product, service and support is high quality and you will start to see a steadier flow of traffic to your website. On the flip side, if you make promises you can’t keep then… well, you know.
It’s not difficult to draft a Capture Page, Keeping a somewhat clear head while you work is the hardest part. I like to:
- Type mine in a program called NoteTab.
- Then transfer it to my webpage.
- Then start formatting (colors, font size, quotes, Johnson boxes, etc).
- Then replace certain words with KEYWORDS (keyword optimization) obtained from GOOGLE’S KEYWORD SEARCH TOOL.
- Then I add my keyword and description Meta Tags and page title.
- Then I Preview it on the web and tweak as necessary.
- Then I put my auto-responder signup box on the page, PROOF READ IT again!.
- Publish it to the web, read it again and sign up myself to test the autoresponder/shopping cart, etc.
- Then I use Google PPC to get quick traffic to the page to see if my content is what it should be.
- …again, I tweak as necessary.
You may want to let someone else proof read it (I do this also). Ask them if it conveniences them to signup or buy. If not ask them where on the page did they lose interest, then correct and repeat. You may want to switch proof readers just to get a fresh pair of eyes on it. This step isn’t necessary but helpful. Long as well as short adcopy have been known to convert, I suggest you split test both to see what your market responds best to.
Once you’ve done it a few times you will be able to pump out Capture page content with little to no effort and the steps that I’ve given you won’t seem so long.
If you can write an enticing capture page your on-line profits will only be limited to how many website’s and products in different markets you can effectively service and support. This information holds true when writing a sales page or landing page.
The exception is squeeze pages where you need to cut right to the chase after the visitor has been “preped” elsewhere. #3, 4, and 5 would be the steps to follow for a squeeze page.
This information has been tested and is used by me today.